This is part of a bimonthly webinar series hosted by FaegreBD’s international practice. The series will tackle timely issues of importance for companies whose business and growth objectives are international in scope.
On May 25, the new global privacy standard — the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) — comes into full force and effect. The GDPR introduces the most significant changes to data privacy laws in a generation, including a number of new rights and obligations that potentially require significant changes to internal systems and processes. These changes will affect practically every business that operates or sells internationally.
This 60-minute webinar will draw on our experience in GDPR projects across a number of business sectors. The webinar will provide:
- An overview of the regulatory guidance that has emerged in the last few months. Many aspects of the rules and regulatory guidance are complex and difficult to interpret, requiring businesses to make significant judgment calls.
- Practical guidance on what other companies in the market are doing, including:
- Incorporating transparency principles in privacy policies.
- Adjusting business processes and technology to accommodate new and enhanced rights, such as the right to erasure and right to data portability.
- Conducting data protection impact assessments and mitigating business risks.
- Appointing a Data Protection Officer or using an outsourced model.
- Adjusting contract negotiations with vendors and incident response plans to comply with data breach notification rules.
- Implementing global data transfer mechanisms.
An application for standard Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit will be submitted in multiple states.
The program will also be submitted to the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) and Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) for continuing education credit review.
There is no fee to participate. However, you must register in advance.
Contact Lindsey Merek at +1 317 237 1289 or lindsey.merek@FaegreBD.com.