Lee provides clients with a wealth of firsthand knowledge on cross-border investment and commercial matters:
- Market entry, expansion, restructuring and exit strategy planning
- FCPA, fraud, unethical practices, and related investigations
- Cross-border data transfer, data privacy and cybersecurity issues
- Antitrust, unfair competition and trade practices
- Food safety and medical devices regulatory compliance issues and related investigations
- Structuring, negotiating and documenting international technology licensing arrangements
- Representing top international architecture and engineering firms in structuring, negotiating and drafting over $5 billion of design agreements in the development of landmark buildings in China
- Structuring, negotiating and documenting construction, real estate development, hotel management and other commercial contracts, including franchising deals
- Mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures and establishing wholly foreign-owned enterprises
- PRC intellectual property rights enforcement and litigation matters
- Lobbying Chinese authorities on foreign investment approvals and other regulatory matters
- Dispute settlement and bankruptcy proceedings
Lee works with clients in architectural and engineering, automotive, chemical, construction, finance, food and agribusiness, hospitality, insurance, manufacturing, medical devices, and pharmaceutical industries.
Before joining Faegre Baker Daniels, Lee was the principal Chinese lawyer in the Shanghai office of another U.S. law firm. He previously served as editor of the largest legal dictionary in China.
- Fudan University School of Law — Assistant Professor of Law, 1990-92