He advises stock and mutual insurance companies, insurance holding companies, and captive insurance companies in connection with a variety of corporate transactions, securities issues and related matters, including:
- Mergers and acquisitions involving insurers, captives and HMOs.
- Demutualizations, affiliations and mutual insurance holding company transactions.
- Nonprofit to for-profit conversion transactions.
- International and domestic insurance strategic alliances and joint ventures.
- Corporate governance requirements and fiduciary duties.
- Restructurings and reorganizations, and other inter-company transactions.
- Alternative risk financing and capital raising transactions.
- Form A and other insurance holding company system issues.
- Variable annuity and general securities law compliance.
- Insurance insolvency structuring and transactions.
- Reinsurance transactions.
- Third-party legal opinions.
Hart-Scott-Rodino Act Compliance
Jason also advises clients on issues related to the application of the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act and the review process required to obtain federal antitrust approval before consummating proposed mergers, asset/stock acquisitions, tender offers and other business combinations. He works closely with clients to develop and execute an efficient, compliant and complete filing strategy that ultimately receives federal clearance. He also counsels clients in connection with requests for additional information and "second requests."