Emma advises employers on a wide range of matters, including:
- Fair recruitment procedures
- Employment status
- Contracts of employment and service agreements
- Employment policies and procedures, including grievance and disciplinary procedures
- Post-termination restrictions
- Discrimination and harassment
- Effective management of staff, including dealing with poor performance and long-term absence
- Senior executive terminations
- Severance agreements
- Redundancies and restructurings
- Business reorganizations
- Compliance with data protection obligations, including those arising from the EU's General Data Protection Regulation
Additionally, Emma advises high net worth individuals on employment issues, including the negotiation of employment terms, remuneration packages and severance terms
Emma defends employers in all aspects of U.K. employment litigation, including against claims of unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing. She also represents employers in non-compete and restraint of trade cases.
Cross-Border Mergers & Acquisitions
Emma counsels national and international organizations on employment implications of mergers and acquisitions in the U.K. and internationally, including on the implications of the U.K.’s Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations and the EU’s Acquired Rights Directive.
Emma advises multinational businesses on worldwide labor and employment issues, including:
- Foreign assignments and secondments
- Foreign hires
- Labor and employment laws applicable to U.K. operations of global organizations
- Management of local counsel on international projects
Before joining FaegreBD, Emma was a solicitor with two international law firms.